Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Katy Perry Killer Queen Perfume Bottle Stand D.I.Y.

My daughter received a beautiful bottle of Katy Perry Killer Queen Perfume as a gift.  In stores, it's displayed on a stand but it doesn't come with that stand.  We set out to make our own.
Gather all the items shown in the picture.  Legs, glue and washers.  

This is what we started with.  The Jim Holtz legs were purchased at Michaels Crafts as was the Jewelry and Metal Glue.  The Reducing Washers were purchased at Home Depot.  Assembly couldn't have been easier!

Step 1.  Place enough glue on the washer to glue on 1 leg.  I glued on the side that had writing so it doesn't show in the final piece.  Hold to dry  for 1 minute. 
Step 2.  Before placing glue for next leg, space them out to see where they'll end up at.  There will be a slight space between each leg.  Place glue on the washer and place on the 2nd leg. Hold to dry for 1 minute.  
Step 3.  Place glue on the washer, place 3rd leg, hold for 1 minute.  Let dry for 15 minutes before the next step. 
Step 4.  On the under side of the stand, glue another washer.  This will make the whole piece nice and stable.  Again, put the glue on any writing so it doesn't show in the end.  Let it dry for 15  minutes before painting.  We used some gold craft paint we had on hand. 

The legs were $7.99 for 4, the glue was $3.99 and the washers were under $.50.  
















5 comments:

  1. What size was the purfume? Just wondering if the 100ml will fit or whether it will fall over lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im pretty sure 100ml will fit since the bottom has hole for the point to fit into. I think that the point to all the sizes of bottles have to be the same length. I am looking to make my own stand as well. I just got my 100ml Killer Queen perfume and there is no stand, just as I suspected anyways..lol But making your own stand should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the UK and didn't manage to get exactly the same washers but did get the same legs and this looks amazing. Many thanks for your time in producing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This DIY perfume bottle stand is so sweet and it could adds the style of the room.DIY perfume note holder making tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother worked for a department store and snagged me a stand for one of my bottles but I have another large bottle without a stand.
    Never thought to make the stand myself. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete